Low GI Cottage Pie
- Use a little olive oil spray and cook to brown the chopped onions and garlic.
- Add the extra lean beef mince and 2 teaspoons of Ina Paarmen Beef stock powder as well as any mixed herbs fresh or dried.
- Brown the mince.
- Add 1 tin of tomatoes
- Turn down the heat and simmer for at least 15 mins. The longer you let it simmer on low heat the better the flavour.
- Boil the diced sweet potato and butternut with a little salt until tender.
- Drain the liquid and add 1 tablespoon of cold pressed olive oil and season to taste.
- Mash until smooth-this can be done in the food processor for a smoother result.
- Put the cooked mince into a Pyrex dish or pie tin.
- If there is a lot of excess liquid drain some off first.
- Top the mince with the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle a few pumpkin or sesame seeds on the top for a crunchy texture.
- Put under the grill until the top looks brown and crispy.
- Serve with a large green salad